ABHM Celebrates Black History Month 2024
Explore Our Galleries
Today's news and culture by Black and other reporters in the Black and mainstream media.
Ways to Support ABHM?
Celebrate Black History Month with us, a time to honor the extraordinary resilience, achievements, and contributions of the Black community. Join in acknowledging the rich tapestry of Black history, embracing stories of triumph over adversity. This month, let’s amplify voices, share stories, and unite in fostering understanding, empathy, and a commitment to equality. Together, we honor the past, celebrate the present, and pave the way for a more inclusive future.
Here are just a few ideas of how you can celebrate Black History month with us:
• Experience these ABHM events during the month with us: Dynamic Range, The Day the Waters Came, Celebration Of Black Innovators In Science At Discovery World, Shorts: Treasured Heirlooms, Growing Resistance Gallery Tour,And Zine-Making Event, ABHM Book Club Presents “A Time Of Terror” By Dr. James Cameron, Join Us In Celebrating Our Founder’s Birthday – ABHM Is OPEN Sunday, February 25th, Gaining Ground: The Fight For Black Land.
• Plan your in-person visit to our On-Site museum’s galleries.
• Discover seldom-told stories in our Online History Galleries.
• Find out what the only known survivor of a US lynching did with the rest of his long life.
• Learn about present and past challenges facing the African American community in our Breaking News blog.
• Take the pledge to be a Freedom Lover and post your photo and/or name on our Roll Call Wall.
• Contribute to ABHM’s work of education, reconciliation, and healing.
• Become a Member of the Museum!
For more Breaking News click here.
For more ABHvM galleries click here.
Comments Are Welcome
Note: We moderate submissions in order to create a space for meaningful dialogue, a space where museum visitors – adults and youth –– can exchange informed, thoughtful, and relevant comments that add value to our exhibits.
Racial slurs, personal attacks, obscenity, profanity, and SHOUTING do not meet the above standard. Such comments are posted in the exhibit Hateful Speech. Commercial promotions, impersonations, and incoherent comments likewise fail to meet our goals, so will not be posted. Submissions longer than 120 words will be shortened.
See our full Comments Policy here.