Help Wanted: Social Media Manager for ABHM, Part-time
Explore Our Galleries
Today's news and culture by Black and other reporters in the Black and mainstream media.
Ways to Support ABHM?
ABHM seeks a part-time Consultant as Social Media Manager to promote the mission and vision of ABHM through a web-based environment and social media. Supports audience engagement strategies through effective message-driven content development for a variety of social media platforms to help promote the work of ABHM.
- Develop & implement digital content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) that is highly engaging, shareable, and in line with the Museum’s mission
- Work collaboratively staff to produce content for various digital outlets
- Create and manage comprehensive social media strategy related to overall communications plan, including editing and implementation
- Serve as lead in social media content development and posting across multiple platforms – monitor project goals, milestones and budget
- Evaluate & keep track of pre-established goals across all social media platforms
- Use analytics to establish marketing goals and ongoing content strategy
- Measure and report content effectiveness, refining approaches as needed
- Use Museum’s communication strategy to maintain editorial tone, established procedures & policies, including legal compliance & ethical standards
- Develop visual communication, including photography and videography for social media
- Prepare digital images for sharing on multiple platforms and maintain photo databases
- Relevant previous work experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 ½ years prior experience promoting an organization (preferably a nonprofit) through social media platforms or creating other online/digital content
- Strong interest in museums or related cultural institutions and/or previous experience with marketing/social media in museums is a plus
- Strong critical thinking, organizational skills and creative problem solving
- Solid writing, editing, digital, proofreading and technical skills
- Experience in navigating and using all major social media platforms
- Experience creating and executing content strategy on web-based platforms to include demonstration design & visual communication
- Knowledge of digital landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies and standards, and interactive designs
- Knowledge of key performance indicators for digital engagement
- Background and understanding in public relations principles and tactics
- Strict adherence to deadlines and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in nonprofit, arts, and cultural organizational environment preferred
- Experience with all major Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, include social media writing samples and share links or samples of previous social media projects.
Comments Are Welcome
Note: We moderate submissions in order to create a space for meaningful dialogue, a space where museum visitors – adults and youth –– can exchange informed, thoughtful, and relevant comments that add value to our exhibits.
Racial slurs, personal attacks, obscenity, profanity, and SHOUTING do not meet the above standard. Such comments are posted in the exhibit Hateful Speech. Commercial promotions, impersonations, and incoherent comments likewise fail to meet our goals, so will not be posted. Submissions longer than 120 words will be shortened.
See our full Comments Policy here.