Who We Are
Explore Our Galleries
Today's news and culture by Black and other reporters in the Black and mainstream media.
Ways to Support ABHM?
ABHM is operated by the nonprofit Dr. James Cameron Legacy Foundation.
The Dr. James Cameron Legacy Foundation Board of Directors:
- Dr. Ralph Hollman, Milwaukee Urban League (retired) – Board President
- Aaron Bledsoe, Executive Administrative Assistant, Milwaukee Urban League
- Dr. Russell Brooker, Professor, Political Science, Alverno College
- Virgil Cameron, City of Milwaukee (retired) – Secretary/Treasurer
- Reuben Harpole, Bader Philanthropies (retired)
- Michelle Ford-Hinton, Executive Director, United Neighborhood Centers of Milwaukee
After Dr. Cameron's passing in 2006 and the shuttering of the museum in 2008, his mission and museum were kept alive by a group of volunteer experts. This "legacy team" worked tirelessly, beginning in 2010, to successfully reestablish ABHM, first as a unique online museum and later as a physical facility. This team continues to lend its expertise, support, and labor to the museum as consultants.
- Amanda Garry Aliperta, Fund Development
- Kim Eubanks, Volunteer Coordination/Human Resources
- Reggie Jackson, ABHM Head Griot, Nurturing Diveristy Partners
- Dr. Fran Kaplan, ABHM’s Virtual Museum Coordinator, Nurturing Diveristy Partners
- Brad Pruitt, Executive Consultant
- Dr. Robert S. Smith, Resident Historian, Marquette University
Comments Are Welcome
Note: We moderate submissions in order to create a space for meaningful dialogue, a space where museum visitors – adults and youth –– can exchange informed, thoughtful, and relevant comments that add value to our exhibits.
Racial slurs, personal attacks, obscenity, profanity, and SHOUTING do not meet the above standard. Such comments are posted in the exhibit Hateful Speech. Commercial promotions, impersonations, and incoherent comments likewise fail to meet our goals, so will not be posted. Submissions longer than 120 words will be shortened.
See our full Comments Policy here.